Procedures & Updates
- If you are not yet comfortable coming into the office, we understand. Do not feel pressured. We will continue to offer telemedicine visits as long as the law allows, provided we are doing so safely and can obtain the necessary information.
- We will not pressure or judge you for not coming in. We want you to do what is best for you and for your family and what you are most comfortable with. This is your health and your body and you need to do what is best for you.
- The only time we would start requiring in-office visits would be if the current law, changed back and forced us to physically see patients every so often to continue to prescribe medication or if we were unable to continue to safely treat you over the phone.
- That said, all scheduled appointments will have the option to come into the office to be seen.
- If you were scheduled for a telemedicine visit, we will call you and offer to change your visit to an in-person visit, in the week before your appointment.
- If you want to come in then you must answer this call or call us back and notify us that you are coming into the office.
- If you are keeping your telemedicine visit then you do not need to return the call.
- We have to abide by all laws and social distancing requirements for the safety of our patients and staff. This means we must be able to plan for your attendance in the office.
- We are not accepting any walk-ins at this time.
Guidelines For In-Person Office Visits
- If you call and we cannot pick up the phone, or it goes straight to voicemail, please leave a message or try back in a minute.
- When we speak with you we will ask you questions to be sure you are healthy and not going to risk exposing other patients or our staff to any illnesses.
- Please see below for reasons you should stay home and request a telemedicine visit.
- The staff member you speak to during check-in will inform you when it is your turn to enter the building.
- At the door, we will meet and escort you to Room 1, where we will weigh you and get your vitals.
- Once that is complete we will move you to the exam room.
- You will stay in that exam room for your entire visit until you have received your medications or prescriptions.
- If you have to use the restroom at any time, please call the office and let them know. We will make sure no one is in it, it is cleaned and you are clear to walk to it and then come get you.
- Then the provider or nurse will check to make sure the front desk is vacant, has been cleaned, and that the staff are ready to get you checked out.
- Once you have checked out you will be directed to the exit.
Requirements For In-Person Office Visits
- Please wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, you will not be permitted to enter the office. We will offer to get you rescheduled or transferred to a telemedicine visit.
- Please come by yourself, we will not allow anyone except for the patient to enter the building at this time. (If the patient is a minor then they must be accompanied by one parent or guardian.)
- Please do not bring children or other family members into the office. If you cannot work around this, we must do a telemedicine visit.
- Please do not come if you are sick or meet any of the criteria for “staying home” below.
Please STAY HOME and Request a Telemedicine Visit If…
- You have been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the past 14 days.
- You have been exposed to someone diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- You live with someone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- You have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- You feel even a little under the weather.
- You have been told to self-quarantine.
- You cannot wear a mask due to a medical diagnosis.
- You are unwilling or unable to wear your mask the entire time you are in the office.
- You would have to bring your children to the office with you.
- You would have to bring another person into the office with you (not including a translator or a parent or guardian)
- If you are not yet comfortable coming into the office due to the risk of exposure. There are absolutely no judgments here, we want you to do what is best for you and your family and what you are most comfortable with.
Please CLICK HERE to select the patient intake form that corresponds to your visit.