Answers To Common Questions
Below, you’ll find answers to some of the most common questions we get. If you don’t see an answer to a question you have, or if you’d like clarification on something you see, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Call us at 717-695-0007 or send us a message. We’d love to hear from you!
How much will this cost?
The first visit is $175 plus the cost of your medicine. We do not know if or what medication you will be on until we perform an evaluation at your first appointment. Our medications cost from $6 – $50+ for a 30-day supply (and in some cases, filled on-site for your convenience). We have you follow up every month to check on the status of your weight loss and the medications. The follow-up visits are $120 plus the cost of your medications and or prescriptions (see our page regarding Office Fees & Medication Pricing). We do not require that you sign contracts or payment in advance (excluding Saturday appointments). We do, however, have packages available to save you money! We also accept CareCredit, along with other types of payments.
I’m not technically obese. Would I be a candidate for your program?
We can see anyone who has gained a significant amount of weight in a short amount of time or anyone who has suddenly gained weight and is uncomfortable. We can also help anyone with a family history of weight related illnesses (ex: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart attack, stroke) get you down to a reasonable weight to avoid such issues in their future.
I am not a Pennsylvania resident. Can I be a patient?
The providers at OVYVO Medical Weight Loss are licensed to practice in Pennsylvania. Therefore, our patients must reside in Pennsylvania and be able to provide proof of a Pennsylvania address.
I have seen commercials for a new weight loss medication or heard about them from a friend. Do you prescribe these medications?
Yes. We can and often do prescribe weight loss medications. Some prescriptions can even be filled at our offices for your convenience. Some of the medications we prescribe include:
- Semaglutide (also sold as Wagovy®)
I read somewhere that some of the medications can have side effects that may be dangerous. Are they safe to take?
We would never give our patients medications that were not safe. We consider many things when prescribing a medication that we believe would be best. We consider things such as medications you are currently taking, past and present health problems, and family history. Our providers have more than ten years’ experience with family medicine, and are familiar with a wide range of conditions and medications. We see our patients once a month to monitor blood pressure and weight, and to discuss any changes, adverse reactions, or side effects. We also have several ways for our patients to contact us so that concerns or problems are addressed in a reasonable amount of time. As long as a patient follows up properly and makes us aware of any problems, we can be quick to respond. Because you are medically monitored, the medications are very safe when taken correctly.
Do you accept insurance?
We do not accept insurance. Most insurance plans will not cover weight loss services or medications unless you are entering into a surgical weight loss program. And even then, they still may not fully cover it. We know this, which is why we offer our services and medications at nominal costs. However, if you would like to submit a claim to your insurance company yourself, we are happy to provide everything you’ll need.
Do you accept HSA or FSA payments?
Yes. We accept both HSA (Health Savings Account) and FSA (Flexible Spending Account) payments.
Do I have to sign a contract or pay any start-up costs?
No. As a medical practice, we want what is best for you. You pay per visit, we do not offer high cost plans or programs. If you cannot afford to come back or just decide it’s not the right time for you, you can return when it is. There is no contract to sign. No up-front starting fee or any other gimmicks to lock you in to our services, you come and go as you choose.
How often should I be seen?
We typically see patients once per month to recheck their medications and to follow their weight and overall health. We are available throughout that month as much as you need us if you have questions or problems, via the telephone, email or our website.
What makes your service different from any other weight loss program out there?
1. We are much lower cost. It doesn’t matter how you look at it you will pay less with us whether you see us one time or you come to see us every month for years.
2. You pay per visit, there is no up-front startup fee and we will never make you sign into a contract.
3. We are a medically based weight loss center. This means we prescribe medications that will help you win the battle against weight loss. We do not offer surgery and we do not offer drastic calorie reduction diets such as HCG. We employ highly trained staff to provide you individualized dietary and exercise counseling as well as guidance for lifestyle changes.
4. What we do is specialized treatment tailored to each individual. We do not try to sell you “all natural” cures. We use medications that have been tested and proven to be safe and effective. Every patient is different, we know that, we understand. We will work with you whether you want to do nothing but take a medication or whether you want to start an all-out lifestyle change. We do what works best for you based on how much or how little effort and time you want to put into your weight loss.