Red Light Therapy, or low-level laser therapy (LLLT), is a non-invasive, non-ablative cosmetic procedure that has been shown to shrink fat cells and tighten loose skin.
The technology utilizes concentrated red Light Emitting Diodes (LED’s) to help stimulate lipolysis (the breaking down of fat cells) through photonic energy, without the use of heat, cold, ultrasound or other energy-based methods. In addition to weight loss, Red Light Therapy is used to treat a variety of skin imperfections, such as fine lines and wrinkles, scarring, blemishes, uneven skin tone and texture, and stretch marks.
At OVYVO*, our LLLT system uses visible red light energy to stimulate your body’s own regenerative metabolism at the cellular level. Although research is ongoing, numerous studies suggest that by stimulating the body’s tissues to convert light energy into cellular energy, this treatment may provide energy that your cells can use to…
- Accelerate the production of collagen and elastin
- Increase the removal of excess fluid and waste products from the cells
- Increase the production of macrophage (scavenger) cells for the removal of toxins and scar tissue
- Increase lymphatic drainage
- Increase vascularization (blood flow) to the surface of the skin
- Increase cellular permeability, allowing fat leak from cells in the treated area, which the body then removes
Some patients report feeling the effects of the treatment almost immediately, while a majority report noticeable results after several sessions. For your convenience, individual sessions are available, and we also offer a discounted rate when you choose to purchase a package of six sessions.
Red Light Therapy treatments are quick, gentle and safe. Sessions last twenty minutes, and they require no downtime afterward. You can easily fit it into your schedule, and immediately get on with your day.
If you’re looking to give your weight loss program an extra boost while also rejuvenating your skin, Red Light Therapy may be an effective solution for you.
*At this time, Red Light Therapy is available only at our Harrisburg office.